About our Firm
4th & King is an agency unlike any other. We work exclusively with startups, VCs, hedge funds, and non-profits to craft fundraising presentations that educate and inspire investors. Think TED meets Shark Tank.
Over the past 4 years, we’ve helped our clients raise more than $1.5 Billion in funding. Today, we’re looking for a Design Partner to help them raise the next $10 Billion.
About the Role
We work with our clients at their most pivotal moments and help them navigate some of their thorniest issues. They rely on us not only to design their presentations, but to turn their performance, their data, and their vision into a story that moves people to invest.
They need more than just a designer. They need a partner.
And so do we.
We’re looking for a designer who wants to know as much about a company’s business model as they do about their brand, who can’t help but get involved in the bigger conversations, who’s not afraid to speak up in meetings that have nothing to do with design, and who can add value beyond aesthetics.
At 4th & King, nobody will hand you a creative brief. You won’t have Marketing or Account Management to tell you what to do. You’ll be intimately involved in every phase of a project, from designing the process to running the discovery meeting to pitching the deck back to the Founder. You’ll be expected to work fast, iterate often, and learn on the fly.
There’s no hiding at 4th & King–everyone contributes, everyone knows the story, everyone has an opinion. More hats, less headphones.
Why you’ll love this job
- If there’s an industry or a topic that you’re interested in—or a technology you want to know more about—there’s a good chance it will come across your desk. Autonomous drones, cryptocurrency, climate change, artificial intelligence, synthetic biology, you name it. And you’ll have more than just a front row seat with the companies pioneering this technology; you’ll have a hand in helping them define the future.
- You’ll work directly with founders, CEOs, and thought leaders. These are the folks delivering the pitch, which means that all of your ideas will be heard and you’ll never be held back by bureaucracy or gatekeepers.
- You’ll be part of a first-of-its kind team, creating a new category of agency. When you tell people what you do, they won’t believe it at first. Then they’ll hand you a business card.
- You’ll get to use every single one of your skills, and develop new ones: Illustration, typography, video, programming, UX. It’s all relevant.
- You’ll often work with early-stage companies with no established brand, or more mature companies in the middle of rebranding. You’ll get to build them from scratch without getting bogged down in a nitty-gritty approval process.
- You’ll build relationships with top executives in growing industries, and amass a strong network of influencers that will want to give you equity and make you an advisor. Seriously.
What you’ll do
- Design amazing, highly visual presentations for some of the most innovative companies and investors in the world
- Coach startup founders, general partners, and CEOs on the design, content, and delivery of their fundraising presentations
- Co-facilitate on- and off-site working sessions with clients to brainstorm the best ways to connect with to their audience
- Interact directly with clients and key stakeholders
- Become a master of all things Keynote and PowerPoint
- Become well-versed in every aspect of the capital raise process for startups and funds
What skills we're looking for
- Superb aesthetic sensibilities and proficiency with design terminology, best practices, and trends
- Ability to communicate clearly and intelligently on a variety of topics, both verbally and in writing
- A desire to dive deep and learn everything you can about a topic, especially if it’s new to you
- Ability to quickly get up to speed on new technologies, businesses, and concepts
- Proficiency in Keynote, PowerPoint, Google Slides, Illustrator, Photoshop. (Proficiency in other design applications is a plus.)
- Familiarity with presentation best practices
- Working knowledge of Excel and Google Sheets
- Bonus points for entrepreneurial or investment experience
Where you’ll work
- Full-time, on-site with us in San Francisco
4th & King does not to discriminate against any employee or job candidate on the basis of race, color, religion, national origin, gender (or lack thereof), physical or mental disability, or age.